Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baby number two...


That's right folks, we're pregnant with baby number two!  I'm 12 weeks in and it has been a rough go.  This one has definitely been harder than the first one which has Martin convinced it's a boy.  He's got a 50/50 shot.  We'll find out for sure in September and when we know, you'll know.  Names will be kept a secret, however, until the birth:)  


We've been trying to prep Amelia for the upcoming arrival and she seems to be warming up to the idea.  At first she denied it completely.  But now when we ask her where the baby is, she points to my belly.  Which, incidentally, is growing at a rapid pace.  I asked our midwife if we were having twins, but no - I'm just big.  Anyway, we ask Amelia what she wants to name the baby.  At first she said "Baby", then "Turner", now she says "Home".  It's really sweet.  I think she'll be a wonderful big sister!


Beyond that excitement, we seem to be in the full throws of the "Terrible Two's".  And we're failing miserably at the disciplining part of parenting.  Amelia actually likes time out and asks for it frequently.  The other day we threatened not to put her in time out as her punishment.  Where did we go wrong?  When she does go to time out she sings to herself, talks to the wall and makes up stories.  We here her talking and mimicking things we've said.  I know we're going about this wrong somehow.


Funny things Amelia says:


"Mommy, I wanna hold you."  - translation: she wants me to pick her up.  So cute!  How can you say no to that.


"Buggy!  Walk away!" - she loves to boss the dogs around


And she loves to sing to herself.  She's actually pretty good at remembering lines to the song.


Amelia's 2nd birthday is coming up next week!  I can't believe my little monkey is turning two.  We'll have some fun photos to share over the next couple of weeks.


"Go Giants"




No comments:

Post a Comment