Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Patch & Halloween preview

Last weekend we made a trip out to Marble Falls, TX for a Pumpkin Patch day.  It was a nice drive out there and Amelia was in a really good mood.  Sweetberry Farms is normally a strawberry patch in the spring/ summer and then doubles as a pumpkin farm in the fall.  It was very cute and they had lots of entertainment including a hayride, a kids cornfield maze, an adult cornfield maze, petting zoo, horse rides, face painting... the works!  I bought tickets for the kid's maze and Amelia and got about 50 feet into the cornfield when she tells me "I don't like this.  I want out."  Ok.  So we left - luckily we hadn't gone far so I knew the way back.  Her favorite part besides feeding the goats was sitting in the fire truck!  She loved sitting at the wheel and checking out the interior.  We found a nice pumpkin that we brought home and I had every intention of carving it or painting it, but it just never happened.  Still, she likes looking at it on our front porch and talking about "my pumpkin".



Being "silly Amelia"

Is our girl beautiful or what?

Feeding the goats




Found our pumpkin!

Strawberry popsicle - delish!

Lovin' the fire truck




And now we're gearing up for Halloween!!!  Last year Amelia was Salmon Sushi.  This year...

She's a Maneki Neko!  aka "Lucky Cat"

see the resemblance???

I'll make sure to post pictures when she's in full gear with her whiskers and shoes.  We have a busy weekend with carnivals, birthday parties and a Halloween party!  I can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment