Tuesday, November 6, 2012

New York Pumpkin Patch and a Texas Halloween

It's hard to believe we've been in New York for 3 months now.  It's been a hard adjustment for both Martin and myself but we are starting to feel more at home.  Although it has been a tough transition, mostly because it was so sad for us to leave Austin.  I still have moments where I can imagine walking through our old house, playing in Amelia's room, and enjoying family time in the living room.  That small living room that I always complained about but now long for so much.  I will make sure to appreciate such things much more in the future.  And even though I miss my old life, there are so many good things I'm looking forward to here.  I can't wait for the girls to see their first snow fall.  I guess Amelia has already seen one but it was small and uneventful.  I'm looking forward to taking them to Rockefeller Center to see the giant Christmas tree, taking Amelia ice skating for the first time, and hopefully doing some traveling throughout the northeast.

On to other good things... It is the eve of Lucy's 9 month birthday and she finally cut her first set of teeth today!  When we moved here we were celebrating her 6 month birthday and she seemed so much smaller.  Her 9 month check up is  next week but we did get an unofficial weigh in last week and she's 19 lbs 8 oz!  Our sweet chunk-a-munk!  She just started clapping the other day and she's babbling a lot more.  I'm pretty sure she actually called me Mama recently when I came home from work.  And she has to be the funniest and happiest baby on the planet!  I'm sure of it.  Even her daycare teachers always talk about how sweet Lucy is and how everyone fights to hold her.  The kid definitely enjoys being fed and has been known to steal other kids food at school!  My little bruiser.

Amelia continues to surprise me everyday with her understanding of how the world works.  She is our little actress and always has funny things to show us.  There's no doubt that she is incredibly bright.  But on top of that, she's sweet, sensitive and starting to understand empathy.  She can comfort and makes sure to always tell us that she loves us.  It is one of the most wonderful things in the world.

Both of our girls are growing up and we're trying to enjoy every minute.  We have managed to have some fun outings while here.  A couple of weekends ago we took a road trip up to Westchester county to a town called N. Salem for a pumpkin patch.  It was absolutely beautiful!  The drive was gorgeous and it was so nice to get out of Brooklyn.  We also enjoyed Apple Cider Doughnuts for the first time!  I can't believe I've never had these!!!

Last week the Northeast had the worst storm system move through and devastated so many areas in New York and New Jersey.  Martin and I missed it because I had traveled to Houston to see the family and Martin was in Detroit for the World Series.  Giants swept the Detroit Tigers!!!  Anyway, neither of us could get flights back to New York so I got a nice week long vacation with my family and Martin managed to get down to Houston too.  Luckily I took the girls Halloween costumes with me and we got to spend a wonderful Halloween with our good friends in Houston and their kids.  Amelia and Ava are 3 weeks different in age and have known each other since their birth.  Enjoy lots of good photos from the past month...




Kung Fu Panda and The Giraffe!  Thanks, Grandma & Grandpa Turner for these!

Lucy's first Pumpkin Patch!





It is harder and harder to get Amelia to smile for a good photo.  This was as good as we could get.

My beautiful, sweet girls!  

Lucy's belly competing with the pumpkin!

The Turner pumpkin about to be carved.

Amelia did not like this process.

GO GIANTS!!!

Halloween 2012 - There's No Place Like Home!

with Mimi

Ava & Amelia - part of the Brat Pack

How cute are these kids?

BFF


Love!  Ava kept saying "NEXT HOUSE!"

Amelia would say "Trick or Treat, Give me something good to eat"

Even Lucy got a goodie!



The Cowardly Lion


Milo & Lucy, the next generation of Brat Packers


No comments:

Post a Comment