Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy 6 Month Birthday!

Today is Amelia's 6 month birthday!  I can't believe 6 months have gone by in a blink.  There are so many milestones we're looking forward to, but I don't want this time to pass by so quickly. She's already getting so long that her little body spills over my sides as I cradle her at night.  I know one day I won't even be able to hold her that way any longer and it makes me sad.  Every day she is learning something new.  Just recently she started sitting up on her own for short periods of time.  She's been eating bananas, avocados and sweet potatoes in addition to her cereal.  And she got her first tooth on Sunday, the 24th - the bottom center left.  Today she got her 6 month vaccinations and it was more traumatic for me than for her.  She's a total champ and only cried a little.  My biggest concern right now is her slow weight gain.  Her pediatrician isn't worried, so I'm not going to be crazy about it.  She weighs 13 lbs, 13 oz and is 25 1/4 inches.  Her weight is only in the 15th percentile and her height is in the 40th.  I have to come to terms with her being small.  

We've had lots of visitors over the past couple of weeks.  First, Martin's friend Marina came to visit.  Then Martin's parents, David & Lela came this past weekend.  Grandma and Grandpa Turner hadn't seen Amelia since October.  Amelia was fascinated by her Grandpa and his baseball caps!  Or maybe it was all of his funny expressions:)

Well, I only have 6 months to plan her first birthday party - I've got to get started.


Marina & Amelia



Happy baby playing with Grandma



Amelia's first trip to the zoo!



Grandma Turner & Amelia at the zoo



No comments:

Post a Comment