Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve!  We spent the evening in Austin with awesome friends from New York and California.  Since Amelia has been having a hard time sleeping at night, I was in bed pretty early.  And got really pissed off at Martin for waking me up to wish me a Happy New Year.  I know - bad form on my part.  Amelia has developed this crazy pattern of waking up sometimes 3 or 4 times a night since Christmas.  I have been running on fumes for the last couple of weeks.  But a few nights ago some significant changes happened - first, she finally took a pacifier.  This has been amazing since I know she just needs a little comfort at night sometimes.  Then, two nights ago we started a new sleep routine that includes me feeding her a little bit earlier than normal (8pm) and then keeping her awake until we put her in her crib.  This has been challenging because she has always fallen asleep while nursing at night.  But I have woken her up for the last two nights and then worked on getting her drowsy again so we can put her in her crib "drowsy but awake".  Thank you to the Child Whisperer and other books.  The first night she only woke up twice.  Last night she woke up once but very briefly and was soothed back to sleep with her pacifier in a matter of seconds, then once to nurse at 4am.  This is a huge success!!!  She fell asleep last night at 9pm and slept (with one feeding at 4am) until 7:30 this morning!!!  As Missy would say "Amen, pass the gravy!"  I am wary of giving myself too much celebration since this could just be a fluke.  But, I'm hopeful that this is the start of a wonderful new pattern.


Happy New Year to everyone!  We are so blessed to have such amazing friends and family!  Thank you to John & Melody for coming to Texas and spending the holiday with us.  And to Boone - I hope you have recovered from that night!  We missed seeing you the next day:)


Enjoy some photos:



Turner Family in Austin.  UT stadium in background.



Rockin' New Year's Eve with a game of Yatzee.  Friends Melody, Jeff, & Boone.



Uncle John scores big with Amelia!



John & Melody



Melody, Amelia, John and Bug & Dex.  They're going to have some cute kids!



little monkey



She's up to something



No comments:

Post a Comment