Monday, February 21, 2011

Potty time!

On Friday morning, Amelia was running around avoiding getting ready for school.  Then she went in and sat down on the potty we bought for her a few months ago - fully clothed of course.  A few minutes later we noticed she was still sitting there and concentrating pretty hard.  When she got up, we noticed she had pooped in her diaper!  Holy crap - she knew that to go sit on the potty to go poo-poo!  Martin and I thought this was pretty amazing but chalked it up to coincidental.  Then, that evening, Amelia was running around naked avoiding taking a bath when she went and sat on her potty again.  A minute or two later when she stood up we noticed there was pee-pee in the potty!!!  Immediately we got so excited and began to praise Amelia.  Seriously - you would have thought she just won the lottery!  It pretty much confirms the thought that we have a genius!  Yes, we're biased, but I don't care.  We haven't been trying to get her to go "pee-pee in the potty" but we encourage her to sit on it with her diaper on just to get used to it.  


Wait, there's more!  Then, on Saturday night, she was staying with the grandparents and all my sisters and brother were over at their house while Martin and I went to a wedding in Houston.  My sister sent me an emergency text: "Amelia went pee-pee in the big toilet!"  Unbelievable!  I called to find out the details and apparently she told my sister "pee-pee" and pointed to the toilet.  So, my sister took off her diaper and put her on the toilet.  Sure enough, she went pee-pee!


I'm not going to get ahead of myself on this one, but it is pretty awesome that she's already understanding when she has to "go".  Definitely a proud moment for Martin and I:)

No comments:

Post a Comment