Friday, April 23, 2010

Bluebonnets & more teeth

Every spring in Texas, families go in search of the best spot to take photos of their kids and pets in a vast field of wild flowers and Bluebonnets.  They really make for beautiful photos.  So now that I have my own family, I too was in search of a good spot for the perfect photo.  Martin and I found a nice spot close to our house (lots of people trek up to the hill country near Austin for the best places).  I was a bit lazy about it and just wanted a nice photo without a lot of hassle.  It was a smart move because Amelia was not in the best mood.  The weekend we did these photos she was cutting two teeth on the top of her mouth.  As you will see in these pics, she was not too thrilled with me setting her down in a field of grass.


"Why are you doing this to me?"



Mommy to the rescue



Trying to make Baby happy



Finally - a semi happy Amelia

Some other recent accomplishments - she now has 6 teeth (four on top, two on bottom).  She's crawling but hasn't quite mastered doing it on her hands and knees.  She shakes her head "No" at me which is really funny right now.  Not only does she shake her head, but she also simultaneously waves her hand so it looks like she's really telling you off - definitely my child. And I wish I could say that she's getting bigger, but apparently not.  Martin took her in this week to the pediatrician (she got pink-eye) and she only weighed 15 lbs 4 oz with all of her clothes on.  This was a bit of a shock because both of us thought she felt heavier recently.  Alas, she is a small child and we have to be happy with her spot in the 7th percentile of weight.


Doesn't she look big?



No comments:

Post a Comment